Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back in Rehab

I've really been enjoying the latest round of offerings on Comic Artist Rehab

I'm especially a fan of Alice Mrongovius. I love the still, reflective mood of her panels as well as, of course, her drawing ability. I could go on about how much I like her lines, but that could be ill-construed. So go and have a look yourself. There'd be a technical name for that fine line shading she does, I'm sure.



Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this panel that I looked at this morning. It's by Michael Fikaris, and if my memory serves me correctly, it's quite different to his comics that I first came across in zines. I could be wrong about that, but I like this sparser drawing. I especially love the way the scales (armour?) in the middle panel of each line capture the transition of the character. It's a comic that works in both directions. It's wonderful story telling.


Update.

And I just discovered a new blog by Amber who is the chief warden of Comic Artist Rehab. You should go and look at Wednesday Night Comics too.

No comments: