Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose!

Via Bloglines I first read this Some Facts About me! Meme at Lorraine Crescent, then at Ampersand Duck, then at The View From Elsewhere, and finally at Northern Lights whence I discovered I'd been tagged.  There are rules that I'm supposed to post, but you know, they're the usual about answering the questions and tagging people and letting them know you've tagged them so you can be certain they are actively ignoring you when they don't do the meme.

What was I doing 10 years ago?:

I'd just started my Master's degree at a different university from where I'd done my Undergraduate and Honours.  At this stage I was probably still under the impression that I had enrolled in a PhD. It was only later that I discovered the department I'd enrolled in was a stickler for  making people do Master's regardless of whether one had achieved First Class Honours.  

I'm sure it's all been good for me.  Ask me how much I know about things I mightn't have otherwise.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect non-weight gaining world:
(The horse has well and truly bolted on that one).

1. Wafer biscuits, preferably a particular brand beginning with 'L' (I can't quite remember it now), but I only see them in Melbourne 

2. Liverwurst on rice crackers

3. (Continuing to propagate the misconception that my surname is of German-Jewish extraction). Sauerkraut and Kransky sausages

4. Peanut butter M&Ms

5. Red wine.

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world (especially when I'm trying to be good):

6. More red wine

7. 70% cocoa solids chocolate

8. Kalamata olives

9. Edamame or soy beans, boiled and salted

10. Frozen blueberries and raspberries (as I tell my niece and she repeats back to me:  'a sweet icy treat').

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Buy a dwelling

2. Travel.  I'd especially like to camp on all those little islands in Scandinavia 

3.  Not worry about taking 10 years to finish my PhD

4.  Give money to friends and family, enough for them to have economic security for life

5. Donate to charitable organisations especially those committed to mental health and abused and neglected children

Five jobs that I have had:

1. Checkout chick at Woolworths

2. Checkout chick at McDonald's 

3.  Checkout chick at FoodStore/Super C/IGA (all the same shop, the franchise kept changing)

4. Temporary administration officer level 2 at ATO and Queensland Health

5.  Sessional academic tutoring and lecturing in television, media and cultural studies.

Three of my habits:

1. Procrastinating

2. Procrastinating

3. Procrastinating

Five places I have lived:

1.  Lichfield, UK (Yes, the home of Dr. Johnson)

2. Nunawading Migrant Hostel, Melbourne, Vic

3. Cobar, NSW

4. Pine Creek, NT

5.  Lake Placid, Cairns, Qld

Five people who might be looking for a kick start to their blogging lull but are perfectly entitled to ignore this:

1.  Tim  at Sterne

2. Tseen at Banana Lounge

3. Amber at Wednesday Night Comics (maybe she'll do an abridge comic version)

And since they've already done it, and quite possibly I might have tagged them anyway, I'm going to claim:

4.  David from Lorraine Crescent

5.  Duck from Ampersand Duck

Thank You!


2 comments:

Amber Carvan said...

ooh thank you. i think i will try a comic version!

Tseen said...

Dang it! Now the pressure's on... :P